My Story

I have created this blogspot to update everybody on Chase's condition. On April 3, 2009, He was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), a type of blood cancer. We need your continued prayers for his healing!!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Update

We went to the ER yesterday afternoon. Chase woke up with a fever. Urgent Care was full so we were directed to the ED. Good news is we were sent home. Chase was not neutropenic so we were not admitted. But, I was surprised to hear that his WBC is 18.44 and his ANC is 15.86. He is definitely fighting an infection. They gave him 2 IV antibiotics & prescribed him Tamiflu.

He is feeling good today. His appetite also came back. We are not struggling with his nightly chemo for now. We managed to mix the 6-mp with Rice Drink. I bought plain soy milk, vanilla soy milk and a rice drink. The latter seemed to work. He drank his bottle with no complains. I tried the soy milk one day & just one sip he knew it was different. So, he tossed it. He was fine except on the first week with steroids. We were all sleep deprived as he does not want to sleep.
He had the same effects the last time.

We are scheduled for labs on Monday. We'll see how his counts are. I'm hoping it would be on the 1.0-1.5 range where he should be at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment