My Story

I have created this blogspot to update everybody on Chase's condition. On April 3, 2009, He was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), a type of blood cancer. We need your continued prayers for his healing!!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Fever again....

Just a quick update. I am in the ER writing this. Fever again! This is the 3rd time this month. We are waiting for the hem/onc doctor whether or not we stay or go home. Of course, we prefer the latter.
Just to back track on how our week went. We were in the outpatient clinic on Monday to change his port access & for labs. Results were good. ANC was at 1.6. He was doing good except he lost his appetite. On Wednesday morning, he woke up with a fever. Chase was still asleep when we left for work. We were still on the road & I got a call from mom that Chase's temp is 101.7. I did not panic. Since we were just a few miles from work, I went to work in the morning & called the clinic from there. As expected, they asked us to come in at 10am. They took blood for labs & for cultures. His labs were still ok. But, was a bit lower compared to Monday's. ANC is now at 1.3, HGB is at 8.7. We were sent home after antibiotics. He did not have any fever on Thursday. But, started coughing and has a runny nose. Today, he was weaker & was cranky. His Temp started to climb up by 5pm. It was 38.5 at 6pm. We went to the ER tonight. His labs are lower as expected. ANC is now 700, HGB is 7.7. His heartrate is also up. They took x-ray & glad that it was negative for pneumonia. He received albuterol treatment for his wheezing. It's 12:47 am & still unsure of what their plan is.

No comments:

Post a Comment