Chase had a low grade fever last Wednesday, 9/2. It was about 99.6 or so in the afternooon & about 100.7 at night. His temp was was hovering at that range. But, not higher. I called the hem/onc doctor and advised us to go to the ED. I took his temp again after preparing our things for the hospital. It went down to 99. So, we decided not to take him in.
It was the same scenario on Thursday. The hem/onc nurse called me at work & asking about Chase because they received a note from the doctor last night. I explained that we did not take him to the ED because the fever went down. By the time I came home, his temp is slowly rising. From 99.6 to the low 100's. We took him to the ED and his temp at the Triage was 100.2. Still, borderline fever. They consider 100.4 as fever.
We got to the ED room by 9:30 pm. I knew it will be a long night. Our average ED stay is 4-5 hours. I was thinking that we'll be home by 2ish after antibiotics. They took his vitals again & his temp was higher at 101.2. We were patiently waiting in the room & shortly before 1 am. We were told that Chase will be admitted due to his ANC=120.
We stayed at the ED while waiting for the room. We got to our room , 425 West BMT unit, at around 5 am. Chase needs to be isolated due to his counts and VRE. There were no available rooms either in the West or East wing. So, we were placed in the BMT unit.
Grilled Keta Salmon (Yakisake)
-
*Salmon has never been a staple fish in our household. It's more pricey
than other fish in the market and has a very distinct flavor that I believe
is an ...
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment